POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange lack of highlight when rendering an animation... : Re: Strange lack of highlight when rendering an animation... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange lack of highlight when rendering an animation...
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 30 Oct 2003 08:38:44
Message: <3fa11464$1@news.povray.org>
"Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> "Mark Hanford" <pov### [at] hanfordonlinecouk> wrote in message
> >
> > union{
> >   object{Globe}
> >   rotate -360*y*clock
> >   rotate 23.5*z
> > }
>
> Not sure why you unioned a single object. Although I don't think that
would
> cause a problem, except for a error message.
There was/is going to be some more stuff there, like lat/long lines and
location markers

> I'd suspect the isosurface accuracy or max_gradient, or perhaps some
> CSG anamoly, if it weren't for the solitary frame rendering you tried and
> got highlights from that. So, that leaves scale of the things used in your
> scene I guess. Is the highlighting portion a separate surface very, very,
> close to the rest of the Earth surface?
The highlight is using a material map, so it's all on one object
    texture{
        material_map
            {
             png "earthspec1k.png" map_type 1 once//0 is land, 1 is sea
            texture{pigment{PigEarth} normal{NorEarth} finish{FinLand}}
            texture{pigment{PigSea} normal{NorEarth} finish{FinSea}}
            }
    }
    rotate 270*y
}

> And how is it built together if it is a water, land parts... union,
> difference, intersection, merge?
One Isosurface{}