POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Halloweeeeeeen II (WIP) ~22kb : Re: Halloweeeeeeen II (WIP) ~22kb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halloweeeeeeen II (WIP) ~22kb
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 29 Oct 2003 21:59:15
Message: <3fa07e83@news.povray.org>
Jeremy:

I will share the technique with an image that shows how
it is done.  I think that this will be better than my messy code.

First, I made a cob out of a cone with a sphere at each end.
The cob tapers slightly.  I played around a lot with how much
it tapers, etc.

Then, I went row by row, using the trace() function to find the
surface vector. I put a kernel on the surface of the cob,
using SRand() to introduce variations in the size and placement.
I also adjusted the size of the kernel so that they are bigger
at the widest areas of the cob and smaller where the cob
grows smaller in radius.  I made a "palette" using an array of rgb vectors
and then used RRand() to randomly select colors from the palette for each
kernel.

And that is pretty much it. :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: