POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Halloweeeeeeen II (WIP) ~22kb : Re: Halloweeeeeeen II (WIP) ~22kb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halloweeeeeeen II (WIP) ~22kb
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 29 Oct 2003 08:54:33
Message: <3f9fc699$1@news.povray.org>
I disagree.  I've been shelling hundreds of ears of corn over the last few
weeks.  Some is straight, some is twisty, and some barely has any rows at
all.  There is quite a bit of variation in most types of corn.  If this is
too straight, it will look less realistic.

I also think the length is just right as well.  If I took photos of the
popcorn I grew this year, many ears would look exactly like that (except
that the color is more uniform [duh]).

That being said...  On the fat end (the base), the kernels seem to be
growing too close to the base of the cob.  The kernels near the base would
be flatter, and there would be about 2 fewer rows.  The cob would be visible
at the base.

--
Jeremy