POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Development plans public? : Re: Development plans public? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:06:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Development plans public?
From: Bonsai
Date: 29 Oct 2003 02:16:13
Message: <3f9f693d@news.povray.org>
NathanPBell schrieb:
> I've spent the last couple hours meandering around the newsgroups and POV
> websites searching for a kind of 'development plan' of what features/areas
> of POV the development team is working on right now, what's planned for the
> future, and where the team needs help.  I failed miserably. :o)  Is there
> such a document? How public is the dev-team with their plans?

AFAIK they're working on a bugfix release of POV-Ray 3.5. After this
they'll work on a complete rewrite of POV-Ray that will become POV-Ray
4. You'll never find any timetables for the releases. You have to be
patient. But for one doing raytracing it's not so hard to be patient,
isn't it? ;-)

So long,

Bonsai

--

        www.b0n541.net

"Hi. I'm a signature virus. Add me to your signature - help me spread!"