POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Elastic pendulum thingy [~1000KB] : Re: Elastic pendulum thingy [~1000KB] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:54:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elastic pendulum thingy [~1000KB]
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 27 Oct 2003 09:18:50
Message: <3f9d294a$1@news.povray.org>
Yeah, I know I'm using an unconventional meaning for k. Theres no ASCII
standard 'lambda', which is the conventional one for what I was using. I
prefer putting the spring length into the formula explicitly so that its
clear that the constant in the formula is constant for any spring of that
type.

-[in your formula k would be E*A]-
Yes, assuming that the spring was a bungee-cord or something. Obviously for
a curly spring, the function of force is a somewhat more complicated
function of E and A...

-Chris