POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Refractor Pool Lighting #1 (505k) : Re: [WIP] Refractor Pool Lighting #1 (505k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Refractor Pool Lighting #1 (505k)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 24 Oct 2003 14:31:01
Message: <3f996fe5$1@news.povray.org>
"Test User" <test@localhost> wrote in message
news:3f98e502@news.povray.org...
> I just found POV-Ray yesterday (well, day before yesterday at this point).
> Thank you to those who made this available. I'm in awe and full of
> excitement at the things I'll now be able to do.

Welcome!

I've been using POV-Ray since the day version 3.5 came out, over a year ago.
In the beginning, you'll feel like you can do ANYTHING!.  It's a wonderful
feeling that I miss as my scenes become more complex.  (Yes, I still create
scenes, I just haven't posted anything in quite awhile, because I can't seem
to finish anything. :-p )

Thanks for using a j-peg as your second image.  PNG's don't compress as
well.

Your room isn't lighted very well.  You mention that the light source is far
outside?  I think all of the light is simply from ambient light, which gives
it a much less realistic look.

My best suggestion is to run every single one of the scene examples.  Go
through the tutorials.  Learn what radiosity means and how to use it (and
why it's so slow) among other things.  Use techniques that you learn from
the examples to put new ideas into your scene.  Eventually, it will turn out
quite well.

Good luck!  I hope you stick with it!

--
Jeremy