POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: mots : Re: mots Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:59:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mots
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 24 Oct 2003 07:01:45
Message: <3f990699@news.povray.org>
Tom Galvin wrote:
> "Barron Gillon" <gil### [at] purdueedu> wrote in
>
>> Hello, this is my first post to this group... thought I'd show off my
>> current project,
>
> Looks very nice, however...
>
> ...many people on this newsgroup will not be able to see it.  The
> convention for this group is to use MPEG-1 format.  That way everyone
> can see it.  Also when people do use another format, it is often to
> retain some critical detail that would be otherwise lost.  Also, they
> will give additional details such as the codec used and where to get
>  it. It seems you used the xvid codec.

From http://www.xvid.org

 Known working platforms :

- Win32 + MSVC
- Win32 + cygwin (both cygwin and -mno-cygwin targets)
- Win32 + mingw
- GNU/Linux x86/ppc/sparc 64bit/ia64
- Solaris 8 sparc 64bit

Makefiles are available for these platforms but we have no feedback :

- FreeBSD x86
- DOS + Djgpp

--
Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key