POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : To The POV-Team to consider : Re: To The POV-Team to consider Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:39:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To The POV-Team to consider
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Oct 2003 13:25:42
Message: <3f96bd96$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3f9642e3@news.povray.org> , Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet>
wrote:

>   >   The relevance of this in raytracing is to be questioned.
>
> Have you read the subject? that is EXACTLY THE POINT!!! Mr. knew it
> all!!! And for the POV-Team to consider, not you!

Had you read the FAQ group you would have noticed that filtering the noise
is one of Warps "jobs" as a TAG member.  He did so in a very nice way, and
your response is not acceptable conduct on this news server.

As you want a response from the POV-Team, here you go, and I think the
answer is very clear and in a tone about as friendly as you can expect after
demanding a reply the way you did:

The language will *never* be even remotely considered for use as a scripting
or implementation language of POV-Ray.  The best thing to say about the
suggested language would be that it is useless unreadable junk!

I would recommend reading < http://www.paulgraham.com/popular.html> for a
funny lecture about "good" programming language design...

    Thorsten Froehlich, POV-Team

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.