POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : To The POV-Team to consider : Re: To The POV-Team to consider Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:43:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To The POV-Team to consider
From: Warp
Date: 22 Oct 2003 09:16:50
Message: <3f968342@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> I wrote to this user this way because he has write
> to others in the same AND even more rude tone.

  I don't understand why you conclude that because I have a public
confrontation with Bill DeWitt (granted, I should simply ignore him
because he is nothing more than a troll, but sometimes his insults
simply make me crazy) means that I was rude to you.
  You make the assumption that since I reply rudely to one person
on povray.off-topic, it means that every (disagreeing) post of mine
is automatically rude. That's a bit unfair, to say at least.

  I did not intentionally reply rudely to your post, and reading it
again afterwards I don't really see any unintentional rudeness in it
either, unless you explicitly want to find questioning rude.

  I really believe that my questioning was relevant. You did not give
any arguments why this programming language would help raytracing in
particular, but only some vague comments how it can help making
mathematical programs in general.
  I argumented that the main requisite for a raytracer is speed and asked
you to provide arguments why this programming language will help with
this requisite. Is there something wrong about that?