POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Balls collection - take 2 (72k) : Re: Balls collection - paper and meteorite balls [~30KB] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balls collection - paper and meteorite balls [~30KB]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 21 Oct 2003 18:36:50
Message: <3f95b502@news.povray.org>
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> > how about some paper rumpled (hope that's the right word), so that it
> > looks like a ball? Like the ones you are throwing in your paper bin...
>
> That would be a challenge.
> I think it could be done as a parametric surface.

I just made one from isosurface using a crackle pattern to see if it could
be done convincingly at all. Plus a meteorite too. Have a look-see.
Does anyone think these could be added? I'll post the scripts (along with
tiny file for paper image map) anyhow in the thread at p.b.s-f. whether or
not. I've already test rendered them on the shelf so they fit okay. Not a
whole lot of time spent on these.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crumpled_paper_ball.jpg' (11 KB) Download 'meteorite_ball.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'crumpled_paper_ball.jpg'
crumpled_paper_ball.jpg

Preview of image 'meteorite_ball.jpg'
meteorite_ball.jpg