POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Unscientific POV Ray 3.5 on G5 tests : Re: Unscientific POV Ray 3.5 on G5 tests Server Time
6 May 2024 00:50:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unscientific POV Ray 3.5 on G5 tests
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Oct 2003 03:59:38
Message: <3f94e76a@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3f94c90681b0262316ba2f280@news.povray.org> , "Renderdog"
<slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:

> I'm surprised the IBM compiler didn't help more;

I think the last two results targeted the PowerPC in 64 bit mode rather than
32 bit mode.  With the plain 3.5 source code a noticeable loss of
performance can be expected this way, due to complex implementation
"effects" that cannot be noticed when targeting a 32 bit platform.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde