POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Balls collection (61k) - Contributions needed : Re: Balls collection (61k) - Contributions needed Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balls collection (61k) - Contributions needed
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 16 Oct 2003 08:30:22
Message: <3f8e8f5e$1@news.povray.org>
So, Subsurface-Candle uploaded to p.b.scene-files. Position it to your
liking, but update the cupboard first... Image will follow as soon as it has
finished rendering, subsurface is pretty intensive with arealights. The
candle has a small one itself, it may be switched off by commenting out the
arealight line in the Include-File, and I'm not sure if it greatly affects
the outcome of the image if it isn't used (the light is required, just not
the arealight-setup).

Note that the candle is set with lowest useful settings for the
media-calculations, these might be too low for other scenes and other
objects. (Hm, perhaps you should put that as a note inside the Include once
you have the set completed).

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> Ooopps, didn't notice. I will try to fix the code.
>
> Nico
>
> Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
> > Perhaps I'll have another go with the ESR-Macro just to have some
results to
> > compare. During the process of creating the Subsurface-Scattering I've
> > noticed that the back of the balls intersect with the wooden board...
Care
> > to fix that?

---