POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Decaying classic : Re: Decaying classic Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decaying classic
From: Tek
Date: 15 Oct 2003 19:25:37
Message: <3f8dd771$1@news.povray.org>
> Tek, the rust colors seems to be too monochromatic.
> Maybe you could let the rust colors vary from shades of brown
> towards red, yellow and magenta.

Yeah, it has a little variety but definitely not enough.

> Apart from the colors, I'm having a hard time convincing
> myself that that metal would rust like that. Try to make it
> look more like a kind of steel.

Well it's meant to look more like a chrome coating over some other metal. It's
adapted from the animation I posted to p.b.a which showed a painted ball
rusting, so the rust looks like it starts under the surface of the metal and
then breaks through, which isn't how it should rust. I hadn't really thought
much about that, I just changed the paint material to be chrome! :)

Good suggestions, thank you.
--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com