POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Walls [102k] : Re: Walls [102k] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walls [102k]
From: Timon Christl
Date: 8 Oct 2003 15:34:39
Message: <3f8466cf$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
>> Like ABX, I too did not notice the water until you mentioned it. Will
>> the water be a key part of this image?
>

> Probably not if you all fail to see it. ;-)

I guess it's due to the posted image being too high to fit a typical
user's screen. I had to scroll to see it.

> In fact i first had a version of the ground without it but it looked too
> dominant because of the perspective (the camera is quite a dilemma after
> all.  I would like less of the ground but moving the camera upward will
> result in the walls appearing less 'high' and rotating it upward would
> result in non parallel verticals).

I would leave the perspective as it is now, but I would close the bright
gap on the left (the strong contrast hinders the eye from seeing details
in the dark, which at least for me is visually disturbing), and perhaps
  illuminate the water a bit - but only a tiny little bit, just enough
to make it recognizable as water at first sight.

--
(defun f(p x)(If(Eq x nil)nil(If(p(Car x))(Cons(Car x)(f p(Cdr x)))(f p
(Cdr x)))))(defun q(x)(Q nil x))(defun Q(a x)(If(Eq x nil)a(Q(Cons(Car