POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reflective Face on a Slightly Checkered Floor (20k jpeg) : Re: Reflective Face on a Slightly Checkered Floor (20k jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflective Face on a Slightly Checkered Floor (20k jpeg)
From: Jean-luc Songa Butera
Date: 7 Oct 2003 13:32:27
Message: <3f82f8ab$1@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <sbe### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:3F8### [at] hotmailcom...
> Just testing out my options for importing meshes. This one was modeled
> in LightWave, taken through Amapi, and plopped into POV. In the process,
> any textures I gave the face in LightWave were dissolved into the ether,
> never to be seen again.
> Does anyone have suggestions as to how I might preserve an object's
> textures when using 'outside' meshes? Can I save my object first to obj
> and use the Poser2POV conversion utility to my success?

Even without textures the image still rocks!
UVmapping is the way to go.
uvmap your object in Lightwave and export evrything to .obj with the uv
coordinates and textures
You'd better use Poseray which allows you to see your texture uvmapped to
check for inconsistencies
during the conversion process before exporting to POV->Great time saver!
For Poseray
http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/
plus you'll make a a fellow povuser and prgrammer happy ^____^

Jean-luc: your question, my answer