POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Most ambitious ever! : Re: Most ambitious ever! Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:54:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most ambitious ever!
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 6 Oct 2003 14:42:51
Message: <3f81b7ab@news.povray.org>
> The first thing you can do for yourself though is dump the .tga in favor
of .png
> files.

Yep, agreed! Just as soon as I figure out how to get either VirtualDub or
TMPGEnc to read PNG, I will loose TARGA forever - and probably save half my
harddrive! I always use PNG for stills, it's just that for animation the
tools currently only read .tga (or Windows Bitmap, but that's just not
funny!) Someone posted a link that I haven't checked out yet, so we'll
see...

Thanks.
Andrew.

PS. Work has stopped on my own little project for a while - lack of spare
time. (Surely every POVer knows *that* feeling??)