POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree 1.3 : Re: POV-Tree 1.3 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:00:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.3
From: Hughes, B
Date: 4 Oct 2003 20:54:31
Message: <3f7f6bc7@news.povray.org>
"Gena Obukhov" <gen### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
news:3F7### [at] yahoocom...
> Hughes, B. wrote:
>
> >Any plans to add the ability to use normals (patterns)?
> >
> There is no way to assign normal to the mesh leaf. You can assign it
> only to all leaves because mesh foliage from POV-Tree is a set of
> triangles not a set of separate leaves.

Thanks for those answers, Gena. I guess this also means normals being
applied to the roots, trunk, and branches is impossible? I began to wonder
why I wasn't seeing the effects I expected, must've been a coinciding
pigment change that fooled me into thinking I saw some changes. I'm not much
of a mesh user; practially an unknown POV primitive, those triangles are, to
me.

Oh! Before I forget, one thing I encountered right away which puzzled me at
first was using media and fog with PO-Tree. Making a way to use the 'hollow'
keyword for the mesh output would be a fine thing. I suppose that might be
needed for more than only the leaf mesh if any media and fog is to work.

Commercial version sounds good, has plenty of potential to contunue to-- uh,
er-- grow. Sorry, somehow I couldn't get out of saying that.  ;-)

Bob H.