POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Worm Mouth, Improved (MPG1, 84kb) : Re: Worm Mouth, Improved (MPG1, 84kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worm Mouth, Improved (MPG1, 84kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 3 Oct 2003 06:14:08
Message: <3f7d4bf0$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks!

To make the lips a little pinker, I'd have to orient the spheres and
cylinders making up the curved lips to align with some texture, so that's a
little complicated, but I'll see what can be done without fading, perhaps
just a little subtle color variation. Still, I somehow like it the way it
is, but perhaps I should at least give it a try. Don't know for sure if it
wouldn't even be better.

As for side-mouths: you mean like slightly down to a corner or such, right,
like when cartoon-characters do something like "ooooooh, nice and shiny!"?
That should be possible to a certain degree. The mouth is limited to the
front half of the cylinder, so it won't go 90 degrees sideways, but that'd
look strange anyway...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> Looks really great Tim! Here's a thought: Is it possible to
> make the lips a little pinker than the worm body? And to
> do that, I guess it would have to fade from the body color
> to a bit redder/pinker color. Just a thought. Will you be
> able to do side-mouth expressions too?
>
> What you have there is very impressive!
> =Bob=

---