POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : WIP Donut Machine - 1 attachment : Re: WIP Donut Machine - 1 attachment Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:39:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Donut Machine - 1 attachment
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 1 Oct 2003 19:04:28
Message: <3f7b5d7c@news.povray.org>
Looks fine so far, but as None mentioned, some more bobbing, perhaps even
not fully centered, would be great. As for the oil: you'd need some waves
spreading from them, along with some boiling bubbles... I know, it's pretty
shameless to advertise your own include-files, but I've got two which would
do the job: my Particle System (called PartixGen) and my Liquid Surface
Simulation Macros, or short LSSM. IF you decide on giving a more irregular
bobbing to the donuts, the LSSM won't care, they just require the movement
of the objects and the objects in a proper setup (but that's pretty easy).
My Particle-System might be a little overkill, so I'd suggest doing your
own.

Greets,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> Recently while trying to find an idea for POV, since all my
> trials to date have not amounted to a finished work, I came
> up with the idea of creating an automatic donut machine.
>
> Now I have idea and a goal, silly me, what did I get myself
> into :)
>
> There is a still in p.b.i.
>
> This is a short anim to see if my donuts are bobbing
> properly, I still need to play with the physics some more...
> pretty squarish bobbing indeed.
>
> Of course the whole underlying machinery and tub will come
> some time later.
>
> I figure I'll get some moving racks to push the donuts about
> (right now the oil is moving, silly idea), add some steam,
> bubbling, fizzing around the donuts also change in color and
> tecture as they cook.
>
> I figure I have all winter or whatever time it takes to get
> this thing done with.
>
> Comments are welcome!
>
> --
> Marc Champagne