POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Time to move on (144k jpeg) : Re: Time to move on (144k jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Time to move on (144k jpeg)
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 1 Oct 2003 02:33:19
Message: <3f7a752f$1@news.povray.org>
I really like it too, it must be a lot of work.

> I'm not really happy with it, from a compositional point of view,
> too many distractions, like the bookcase and the arches,
> but removing those makes the setting dull, so I'm at a loss as
> to what to do to improve it.

Maybe some focal blur, it would show better what to look at and add some
more realistic looking to the image.
I would also improve a bit the book at first plane, scaling down a bit
the crakle normal (+ turbulence 0.1) so that it's not so obvious that it
is the all purpose crackle pattern and add thickness to the cover's
corners and give them a leather texture.

> best put it away for a while and start something else :-)
Yes, I understand that, it seems that working too much on the same image
drains out all artistic energy.

JC