POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Marbles : Re: Marbles Server Time
19 Jul 2024 02:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Marbles
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 30 Sep 2003 20:40:07
Message: <3f7a2267@news.povray.org>
-[What about gravity?]-
Whoops... how irritating. Its still possible to solve exactly for parabolic
movement,as you must
know :) - though a bit more complex than the equation I've given in the post, I guess.

Actually, I've just thought of a way which might make gravity rather simple to code -
since the
collisions between the balls themselves aren't affected by gravity (the system of
balls is
accelerating as a whole), the only think we need to worry about is stationary objects,
which will
appear (from the balls point of view) to be accelerating upwards. Hmm...

-Chris