POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Time to move on (144k jpeg) : Time to move on (144k jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Time to move on (144k jpeg)
From: Bill Hails
Date: 30 Sep 2003 17:04:17
Message: <3f79efca@news.povray.org>
I've been fiddling with this old pic for over a month now,
and I need to start something new, but I thought somebody
might like it.

I think it's sufficiently different (better?) to merit a re-post.
The walls are my own terracotta-ish texture, The sun, Venus
and Saturn are my own models, Earth and the moon are
uv mapped, Mars is a simple projection of an image onto
a sphere.

I found much better, more accurate renderings of Saturn's
rings on the web but I still kind of like mine (they're done
with media, a radial density map and type 5 scattering).

The oil painting is by Joseph Wright of Derby, 1734-1797.
http://www.mezzo-mondo.com/arts/mm/wright/wright.html
"A Philosopher Giving that Lecture on the Orrery in which
a Lamp is put in place of the Sun" (1766)
--
Bill Hails

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: