POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Simpler infinite menger sponge (link) : Simpler infinite menger sponge (link) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Simpler infinite menger sponge (link)
From: Rune
Date: 28 Sep 2003 07:43:01
Message: <3f76c945@news.povray.org>
I was not entirely satisfied with my previous animation with an infinite
menger sponge. Due to the complex objects, the geometry of the shape was
not at all clear. When looking at a single frame, it was not possible to
tell that it was a menger sponge at all. Only due to the moving camera
was this visible.

So I've made a simpler version which has simple boxes instead of those
various shapes. It also zooms in instead of out. It can be seen here:
http://runevision.com/3d/anims/

Source code is also available there.

(You can also see my tunnel animation there, and get the source code for
that one too.)

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Sep 28**