POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Eye-Brows vs -Lids (2x MPG1, 81kb & 84kb) : Re: Eye-Brows vs -Lids (2x MPG1, 81kb & 84kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye-Brows vs -Lids (2x MPG1, 81kb & 84kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 25 Sep 2003 20:03:25
Message: <3f73824d$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the comment, I think you pinpointed something I somehow felt
being wrong with the eyebrows. Aside of that, the eyebrows won't receive any
further testing, I'll stick to the eyelids for now. I'm pondering if I
should make them a little more flexible, rather than those half-spheres. To
even more pronounce eyebrowish behaviour with the lids. Have to come up with
a satisfying idea first... Like how to cut the half-sphere properly when the
rim isn't a torus anymore, etc. Ah well. Step by Step.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> Eyebrows and eyelids kinda move in unison on a human, if you're moving
> your eyebrows.  If you're only moving your eyelids, then your eyebrows
> tend not to move, too.  (Maybe I'm just an alien here, but that's how it
> is with me, anyway)  Therefore, the lack of eyebrows isn't detremental
> to expression, but if you only move eyebrows, it'll look less cartoony,
> if you ask me.
>
> I say just use the eyelids.
>
> Looks good so far, by the way!
>
> -Law
> Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
>
> >So, here's just a really really quick test. The eyebrows in question are
> >each just a triangle. I've left out mouth and hat to speed up parsing and
> >rendering times. I think I'll go for using the eyelids for expression,
> >rather than have floating eyebrows. Actually modelling brows onto the
face
> >would look kinda freaky, since the eyes are very much "popped" out of the
> >head's theoretical skull. I do want to try to model something better than
> >plain triangle as eyebrow to see if that helps, but otherwise, I'm
tending
> >towards no eyebrows. Any suggestions, comments?

---