POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A Worm on the LookOut (106kb, MPG1) : Re: A Worm on the LookOut (106kb, MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:37:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Worm on the LookOut (106kb, MPG1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 24 Sep 2003 18:34:13
Message: <3f721be5@news.povray.org>
Thanks! If that short test is hilarious already, then I'll have to add some
looking around to the worm once I'm deciding on shots for the short he is
being modelled for. I agree, the motion comes out very nicely although its
actually very straight forward. I think it'll appear very realistic once I
weigh the motion different between eyes and head, and where he looks etc.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> Wow, that's incredible.  And incredibly hilarious!  I must have watched
> that animation loop about 100 times before looking away, and the
> recursive idea of me looking at an animation of the worm looking at a
> looping cone just made me laugh!  HA!
>
> But really good movement and structure, so far!
>
> -Law
>
> Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
>
> >So, since eyes and face is finished now, I could make a little test how
the
> >worm will look at objects. In this case, the head tends towards the
> >focalpoint, and the eyes pinpoint it. For later animations I'll make it
> >possible to vary the weighting of the focus-work.
> >
> >Enjoy this curious little worm looking at a flying cone! :-)
> >
> >Regards,
> >Tim

---