POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Most ambitious ever! : Re: Most ambitious ever! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:43:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most ambitious ever!
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Sep 2003 07:07:00
Message: <3f717ad4@news.povray.org>
In article <3F715D07.7AEFED32@onwijs.com> , Remco de Korte
<rem### [at] onwijscom>  wrote:

>> Interestingly, Windows XP SP1 happens to be what I've got... so where the
>> heck did I get these codecs from? Hmm... weird!
>
> I have access to two XP systems, one did have the codec (the older one)
> the other didn't. This is a developer's nightmare, especially if you try
> to avoid installing codecs along with your application. It seems that it
> that last thing is unrealistic to hope for...

If you have software (aka games) that use these ancient codecs, chances are
the software also accesses hardware directly.  Hence, it wouldn't run
anyway.  Or do you really want your operating system to get more bloated
with useless outdated junk codecs than it already is?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde