POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Half success with water (DivX 5.05, 274kb file) : Re: source for seamless maps posted Server Time
19 Jul 2024 02:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: source for seamless maps posted
From: Spock
Date: 23 Sep 2003 19:18:19
Message: <3f70d4bb@news.povray.org>
Did I mention I was stupid?  I used the Generate_Maps.pov source you
posted, generated 100 height fields using the command line parameters
you suggest, and then went on to modify Christoph Hormann's heightfield
example to use one of the generated maps (Generated_Maps001.png).

So far so good.  But it doesn't tile seamlessly.  Obviously I am doing
something wrong and could use a hint/push in the right direction.

Thank you for your patience.  I really like this and want it to work.

The attached image shows the height field rendered with a simple white
pigment, and illustrates the gaps between adjacent maps.

Hugo Asm wrote:

> Posted at: povray.binaries.scene-files

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: