POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Half success with water (DivX 5.05, 274kb file) : Re: Half success with water (DivX 5.05, 274kb file) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 02:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Half success with water (DivX 5.05, 274kb file)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 22 Sep 2003 19:39:40
Message: <3f6f883c@news.povray.org>
> Looks great!

Thanks.

> If this would export to 2D-Grids of positions
> to be parsed into meshes, then the displacement
> could be layered over the data from my LSSM, and voila!
> Great water effects!

That's what I've been thinking about too.  :o)  But I'm not sure how to
combine this. I would like to see the walls bounce off the waves caused by
the wind. This could add realism to the scene. But if the waves are layered
on top of the LSSM so they are two separate systems, there are no objects to
cause the LSSM to react in this scene. On the other hand, I don't know if
the LSSM will behave as expected when given such a complex "waveform" ?

And I don't dare to mention parsing time.

Regards,
Hugo