POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Underground Tunnel 4 ( mpg 996 kbu ) : Re: Underground Tunnel 4 ( mpg 996 kbu ) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:41:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Underground Tunnel 4 ( mpg 996 kbu )
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 22 Sep 2003 19:10:01
Message: <3f6f8149@news.povray.org>
Very nice. Are the crystals actual lightsources,
or just glows? And how about applying some
sine-wave intensity along the animation, or
shifting colors?

As for the carts: the kids will drop out of those
carts! How about at least one metal bar, maybe
some vertical ones, which won't block the view,
but at least look like somethings actually there
to keep riding personnel from falling out?

Shaking is much better now. Having two
carts was a great idea. Now add some
people waving when it goes downhill,
and release the code for everyone to render
his own 10 minute rollercoaster ride! :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> I reduced the shaking, made fewer but more detailed (and bigger)
> crystals, made wooden bars support the rails, and replaced the very
> simplistic mine cart with two slightly more realistic ones. The point of
> having two of them in view is that it gives a much better feel for the
> twists and turns and ups and downs of the rails. I felt I had to make
> the carts open that way they are in order to not block too much of the
> view.
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jul 25**
> POV-Ray Ring: http://webring.povray.co.uk

---