POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray + Shaders : POV-Ray + Shaders Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray + Shaders
From: Kevin Loney
Date: 20 Sep 2003 18:00:23
Message: <3f6ccdf7@news.povray.org>
I figured it was time I got my act together and finished off the patch for
pov I was writing. So I'll probably be posting samples occaisionally for the
next little while. Anyway I've implemented two new lighting models to
compliment the diffuse lighting model, Oren-Nayar (Right Teapot) and
Minnaert (Left Teapot). The Oren-Nayar lighting model does a fairly good job
of rendering surfaces that are supposed to appear rough such as clay. The
Minnaert lighting model does a good job of producing an effect similar to
velvet - also handy for metals. Anyway in the images all three teapots have
exactly identical finishes and pigments the only difference is the lighting
model (Left = Minnaert, Middle = Diffuse (POV-Ray Default), Right =
Oren-Nayar). Comments? Suggests? Other lighting models people think I should
add? Oh and there is a tiny little bug in the Oren-Nayar shader which I
should have worked out shortly, and I plan on adding an anisotropic lighting
model as well.

--
Kevin
http://www.geocities.com/qsquared_1999/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'shaders-002.jpg' (52 KB) Download 'shaders-001.jpg' (117 KB)

Preview of image 'shaders-002.jpg'
shaders-002.jpg

Preview of image 'shaders-001.jpg'
shaders-001.jpg