POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : array question : Re: array question Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:41:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: array question
From: Ricky Reusser
Date: 20 Sep 2003 16:26:22
Message: <3f6cb7ee@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>>   In some systems compilers allocate a fixed amount of space for certain
>> things (such as the stack).
>
> Or the OS properly limits the stack size of applications by default ...
> which is the case on Mac OS X, whose Mach-O kernel will limit an
> application stack size to 512 KB unless it has been otherwise specified
> when building the application (the stack itself only grows a (4 KB) page
> at a time, of course).

Thanks!  (To Warp also.)  This led me to a workaround, but not really a full
solution.  Apple's Project Builder is a pretty nice program and works fine,
but isn't really made for simple c programming.  I did get gcc to work
though and just typing "limit stacksize unlimited" into my .cshrc solves
the problem.  I can still use Project Builder to type a nice-looking
formatted and syntax-colored file, but I'll just have to use gcc to compile
instead.  Took me a while to do the research and figure this out.  I guess
there just isn't room for programming newbies...  Thanks though.  I've
worked out the details of the rest of the program, but the most basic part
has been holding me up for a while.  And for Warp, straight out of the
Konsole:

5

Thanks again!
- Ricky