POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Snake! WIP : Re: Snake! WIP Server Time
19 Jul 2024 02:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snake! WIP
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 20 Sep 2003 08:06:15
Message: <3f6c42b7@news.povray.org>
Remco,
Your message prompted me to look up "snake locomotion". It turns out that
there are several different methods of movement employed by snakes.
See http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~bxm5101/locomotn.htm
or http://reptilis.net/serpentes/moving.html
Unfortunately, I can't find any good videos of snakes in motion. I think the
main problem mine has is the way the  head appears to move from side to
side.
As to where this is going...Idon't really know yet. Any suggestions?
Steve