POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Worm's Hat... : Re: Darker 2nd Hat Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Darker 2nd Hat
From: =Bob=
Date: 19 Sep 2003 16:38:36
Message: <3f6b694c$1@news.povray.org>
Actually, I was only curious because I've not
worked with meshes yet. So I was trying to
get an idea of how flexible it was and how
cartoonish you might be able to get with it.
Purely academic..
=Bob=

"Tim Nikias v2.0" <no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de> wrote in message
: Well, the hat is actually a rectangular
: mesh, and for now, the inside is
: hollow. Stretching/warping can be done
: in all kinds of way: using the Vector-
: Positions as basis, its relative position
: in the rectangular array... Its actually
: parsed and calculated in POV-SDL,
: so its VERY flexible, cause I've got
: access to everything. I could for example
: animate the BSpline (my POV-SDL
: implementation of Bezier-Splines) with
: which I've modelled the lathe-like outline
: of the mesh. UV-Mapping is done auto-
: matically by my Mesh-Modifying-Macros,
: so I won't get any troubles with that...
:
: Did you have something specific in mind?
:
: --
: Tim Nikias v2.0
: Homepage: http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights