POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : array question : array question Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:56:55 EDT (-0400)
  array question
From: Ricky Reusser
Date: 19 Sep 2003 15:47:54
Message: <3f6b5d6a@news.povray.org>
Hi,
        I've been away for a while but now I'm trying to get back into it and am
trying to do some pov-relevant programmingin C.  Well, C++ I guess, but
without all of the fancy complex stuff.  I'm basically writing code pov-ray
style, just with output for each frame of an animation since it's a lot
quicker.
        So here's the question.  How do I create a large array without getting a
signal 11 (sigsegv) error?  It makes sense that there are size limitations
on arrays, but if I wanted to create a 100x100x100 array of floats, how
would I do that?  I seem to remember something like an array of 100
pointers to 100x100 arrays, but I don't remember it well enough to
duplicate it.

Thanks in advance,
Ricky