POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Worm's Hat... : Re: Darker 2nd Hat Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Darker 2nd Hat
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 19 Sep 2003 04:28:51
Message: <3f6abe43@news.povray.org>
Well, the hat is actually a rectangular
mesh, and for now, the inside is
hollow. Stretching/warping can be done
in all kinds of way: using the Vector-
Positions as basis, its relative position
in the rectangular array... Its actually
parsed and calculated in POV-SDL,
so its VERY flexible, cause I've got
access to everything. I could for example
animate the BSpline (my POV-SDL
implementation of Bezier-Splines) with
which I've modelled the lathe-like outline
of the mesh. UV-Mapping is done auto-
matically by my Mesh-Modifying-Macros,
so I won't get any troubles with that...

Did you have something specific in mind?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> I like it! That hat looks very nice. I see the smaller texture
> makes it look less bulky too. How much stretching/warping
> to the hat can you do with the mesh?
> =Bob=

---