POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Preflight final (warning 388k) : Re: Preflight final (warning 388k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preflight final (warning 388k)
From: gonzo
Date: 19 Sep 2003 03:09:03
Message: <3f6aab8f@news.povray.org>

news:3f6a3d98@news.povray.org...
> // I fully agree with Steve (esp. with "beautiful" and "great";

Thanks!

> //  here is my suggestion for a rounded dent on a half sphere.
> //
> //   Sputnik
>

> intersection {
>   blob {
>     sphere { 0, 10, 1 }
>     sphere { 15*y, 5.4, -5 }
>     threshold 0.001
>     }

Hey, thanks!  I hadn't even thought of a blob with negative strength dents!
The one I used is just a union of squashed spheres differenced from a larger
sphere.  The blob probably isn't even any slower!  Bedtime right now but
I'll play with that tomorrow.

And thanks everyone for all the comments.  I'll have to play with the focal
blur also. I'd like to get just a slight blur on the grass & ball, but keep
the background sharp, particularly the flag & balloon.

This one is still a final for the original purpose though, since it was a
birthday present and the birthday is past, so maybe a sequel...

RG - what am I thinking... this is the age of updates...