POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP "Please keep It Blue" : Re: IRTC WIP "Please keep It Blue" Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP "Please keep It Blue"
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 18 Sep 2003 15:19:13
Message: <3f6a0531@news.povray.org>

3f69afce@news.povray.org...
> It looks very impressive at this stage. I'm just going to list the things
> that I think could be improved:

Thanks, that's what I expect

> More sub-pixel scale detail on the tanker (bump maps perhaps, as well as
> geometry) would be good, as you say, to really make it look realistic.

 Scheduled :-)

> The rust texture is good - if you were being really pedantic, rust
image-maps
> around particular features (to simulate rusting around rivets, joins etc.)
> would look very good.

Excellent idea!

> The lighting seems quite bright too - if I were doing this image, I would
> probably try lighting with radiosity and a grey sky sphere, to simulate
> overcast clouds, with only a dim 'sun' light source. Its difficult to
tell -
> your water looks very well lit, the boat and foam less so (imho).

I'm not at all satisfied with foam, it's a pigment and real foam looks more
like a media
> On the foam topic:
> http://www.uneptie.org/pc/apell/graphics/disasters/erika.jpg shows foam
> underwater (the green) as well as on the surface - this might be
achievable
> using media?

 I think if I represent the wreckage, i'll make something similar using
media of course
http://www.ac-reunion.fr/pedagogie/lyvergerp/svt/TPE/pollutionhydrocarbure/i
mages/imagelif.jpeg

> Very good image so far.