POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patio WIP 3 (144Kb) : Re: Patio WIP 3 (144Kb) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patio WIP 3 (144Kb)
From: St
Date: 17 Sep 2003 18:45:09
Message: <3f68e3f5@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message
news:200### [at] ignoranciaorg...
> Hi again:

      Hi Jaime - beautiful image. I wish I had the time to try
something like this. I think the problem with the water stems from
there, (seemingly), being no irregularity. Water pressures fluctuate
in any system, and as a result, you get different flow paths at
different rates. For example, if your fountain wasn't installed at
exactly the right angle, i.e. it leaned a little, then the flow would
be stronger in one part of the fountain, and weaker in another part.
Also, those holes that the water is coming out of would vary in size
too, not a lot, but enough to distort the water differently than the
others. This is also true if, say, one or two of the holes had
suitably large pieces of grit cemented inside the holes as part of the
fabrication of the fountain <lazy builders!> - the water would vary in
its flow. I also think there would be a little more splash in the
water (lower part, not sure about the upper part), with it streaming
from that height, and where's the ripples from those splashes?!   ;)
I'm also not sure of the arcs and angles of the flow, but I think
you're not far from it.

  Hope this is of some help. Looking forward to the next one.  :)

    ~Steve~