POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Worm's Hat... : Re: A Worm's Hats Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Worm's Hats
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 17 Sep 2003 18:29:18
Message: <3f68e03e$1@news.povray.org>
Why do you think that? Is the hat too broad?
I'd rather take a mesh, as it has some advantages
for mapping and deformations (e.g. wind, though
this would only be a factor if the hat isn't too
tight around his head).
What I'm actually going for: it's supposed to be
some "regular" worm, nothing special. E.g. a
worker-worm would have one of those hard-plastic
hats. Still, the worm should be some sort of lazy
guy, not too cleanly dressed, stuff not 100% fitting,
thus the slightly too large hat.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> I think that the mesh version loses some of the blue-collar look and
> replaces it with "salesman." Not sure what you're going for.
>
>  -Shay

---