POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patio WIP 3 (144Kb) : Re: Patio WIP 3 (144Kb) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patio WIP 3 (144Kb)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Sep 2003 09:41:34
Message: <3f68648e@news.povray.org>

de news:200### [at] ignoranciaorg...
> Hi again:
>
>   Thanks to all for the comments on the prior wip. Sorry, but as the
> lazy I am, I've been delaying the replies untill I had ready the next
> wip... ;)

Hi Jaime
Great stuff as always ! The plants and fountain are impressive.
My only nitpicking would be that, given the lighting, I'd expect the lit
part of the walls to be much brighter and overexposed. Perhaps you could
raise the brightness level a little while keeping the dark parts dark. Yes,
I know how hard it is to get this sort of balance right ;)

I don't have much reference pics, but here's a few :
http://www.larch.umd.edu/classes/larc/L160/Slides/earlylandscapedesign/SLIDES50_56/eld52b.jpg
http://www.larch.umd.edu/classes/larc/L160/Slides/earlylandscapedesign/SLIDES50_56/eld53b.jpg
http://www.parlamento-and.es/img/patio02.jpg
http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/spain/segovia/alcazar/crtyrd2.jpg