POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Infinite Menger ( mpg 318 kbu ) : Re: Infinite Menger ( mpg 318 kbu ) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite Menger ( mpg 318 kbu )
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 16 Sep 2003 19:55:30
Message: <3f67a2f2$1@news.povray.org>
This is mesmerizing. Awesome work there!
It does look like the tiny sections get squished
together as they get smaller and smaller. Do
they?
And how did you achieve the effect overall?
Whats the special trick? You're not using
thousands of tiny objects, right?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> Inspired by the recent menger boom, I decided to give it a try myself.
> But I wanted my menger to be infinite, and that is best illustrated by a
> looping zooming animation. Besides that, nothing fancy. Lighting is
> poor - I even turned off shadows, as it speeded up the rendering ten
> times or more.
>
> Anyway - enjoy!
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jul 25**
> POV-Ray Ring: http://webring.povray.co.uk

---