POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Worm : Re: A Worm - Update Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Worm - Update
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 15 Sep 2003 19:15:34
Message: <3f664816$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the comment!

Yeah, I'll probably work on doing the inside of
the mouth + tongue, even if he's a non-speaking
entity.
Aside of that, modelling the lips will be a little
painful. Aside of just rounding the edge off with
some spheres and cylinders, doing something
which slightly tips outward will involve some
amount of parsing for a mesh. Needless to say
that I'm not objecting to using my own MMM
once again. I just hope I can retain a certain
flexibility with an animatable mouth and lips.

As for the inside, that'll be difficult as well. I'll
have to experiment, but I'm a fan of that (when
in conjunction with using POV-Ray :-).

Aside of all that: anything that takes its time is
time well-spent. The model will gain from it,
no question, but it also gives me time to think
about the environment and the storyline he'll
find himself in...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> He's looking real good, Tim.  I like the color much more then the
original.
> As far as the mouth is concerned, I think it would do much for the model
if
> he had a filled mouth and maybe even lips.  It would give him a three
> dimensional richness rather than a more conventional 2D cartoon.
>
> Skip

---