POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Worm : A Worm - Update Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  A Worm - Update
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 15 Sep 2003 12:14:22
Message: <3f65e55e@news.povray.org>
For those interested:
Didn't have much time lately, so I couldn't
spend much of it on modelling the worm.

Anyways, this is what I've settled to:
The Mouth is made with a prism, cut from
the actual Head. I'll work some more on
it to get a rounded edge. I'm yet undecided
to "fill" the mouth-hole with flesh, or leave
it cartoon-like black. And I'm thinking about
a tongue.
The Eyes will be further enhanced with much
more flexible eyelids. The Worm doesn't talk,
so he needs some facial possibilities.
Also, I've decided not to model a thinner region
to simulate some sort of neck. Sphere_sweeps
don't do that to the degree I'd like without using
tons of nodes, and thus getting awfully slow
to render.

I'm yet unsure of the material, but subsurface is
definitely ruled out.

Suggestions, comments?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0