POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: First animation : Re: First animation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First animation
From: Davey B
Date: 14 Sep 2003 18:39:00
Message: <3f64ee04@news.povray.org>
"None" <Non### [at] onca> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Denis Bodor <lef### [at] lefinnoisnet> wrote in
>
> > [...]
> > It is xvid (coded with transcode and tested with mplayer)
> > [...]
>
> I don't have that codec either.  I find it funny all of these codecs now
> that call themselves ISO MPEG-4 compliant... what's the point if none of
> them work together or without special software/codecs?  I mean if you need
> special software/codecs to view/encode it, who cares if it's compliant or
> not?

I agree with what you are saying but without new stuff coming through you
would never get improvement or new compression features.

I personally think Xvid is one of the best codecs currently being produced
and has a very good file size to quality ratio.

It would be nice to see this become the standard and instead of the "good
old" mpeg 1 + 2 codecs.

Dave

For those that are interested the site is http://www.xvid.org