POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: First animation : Re: First animation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First animation
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 14 Sep 2003 17:55:36
Message: <3f64e3d8@news.povray.org>
The process used to shoot the samples for radiosity
is very much defined by the scenery. It actually
influences the calculations where new samples are
computed. I'm also not sure about the drop-out
of samples when enough are present in a near
vicinity. So, when the scene changes, the samples
get spread differently, even if its just miniscule
movement of one object.

The algorithm for this relies on sort-of spherical
samples. In my oppinion, its something close
to photon mapping, but thats just the interpretation
of samples being stored somewhere in the scene.
Their computation is very different from photon
lightmapping.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> Hi everybody!
>
> Can anybody explain to me *why* this happens?
>
> Thanks,
> Florian
> --
> #local a=-5;#while(a<5)sphere{<sin(a*pi)*5a*10pow(a,5)*.01>sin(a*a*a*
> .1)+1pigment{rgb 9*z}}#local a=a+.01;#end camera{look_at-y*10location
> <8,-3,-8>*10}// [www.povray.org]     [www.imp.org]     [www.irtc.org]

---