POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass tool demo picture : Grass tool demo picture Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Grass tool demo picture
From: François Dispot
Date: 12 Sep 2003 19:03:11
Message: <3f6250af@news.povray.org>
Halfway between pictures and announcement, since we'll have both.

Here is a picture made using a grass dropping software I wrote this
summer. The rest of the picture is the result of Marc Jacquier's skills.

This software was written in Java for portability, takes a greyscale
height_field image as input, and outputs a POV-Ray 3.5 include file. It
features the following:
- important memory savings compared with usual loop algorithms, using an
extension to Gilles Tran's mgrass macros "patch" principle and a
"dictionary"-style packing algorithm
- easy slope filtering to remove grass in steepest areas
- optional mask to allow or prevent grass growth on special locations
like roads or ponds
- choice between simple but ugly, and nice, curved blades
- optional gathering of blades into tufts
- mesh2 export
- individual uv-mapping of blades

This free software (GPL) and its documentation are here:
http://www.wozzeck.net/images/hfcomp/gazon-en.html

Enjoy!

--

Post a reply to this message