POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sky slime : Re: sky slime Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky slime
From: Slime
Date: 10 Sep 2003 15:51:59
Message: <3f5f80df$1@news.povray.org>
> Since the image is 9000x4500, I had guessed I want a radius of
> 4500.  It looks great, but I probably want something more like
> 9000 around?  9000 = 2pir so I want a radius of 9000/2*pi?

The radius won't make a difference with spherical mapping, just as long as
the camera is in the center of the sphere. Use a sky_sphere, which is sort
of a sphere with infinite radius.

To see how the mapping works, make a small image in MS Paint or something
that's, say, 8x8, and put a checkerboard pattern on it. Then map it
spherically onto a sphere, and look at the sphere from the outside of it.
That should give you a good idea what's going on.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]