POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rad+dof+blurred reflection test (~23kb) : Re: Rad+dof+blurred reflection test (~23kb) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rad+dof+blurred reflection test (~23kb)
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 2 Sep 2003 16:15:51
Message: <3f54fa77$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> Well, the image is nice. But I have come to the point where I am fighting
> against the impression that such renderings needs to be so slow. They can
be
> speed up! If it takes 1 hour for the radiosity alone, then dof+blurred
> reflections should not even double that. I have learned that it's a matter
> of how we do things.

The radiosity settings were much higher in the final rendering and I think I
used more samples for the blurred reflections than what is really needed. I
didn't think much about optimizing, I mostly guessed the settings and did
small test renders with just one effect.
I think most of the render time was spent on the blurred reflections. I took
the code from the povQandT (http://tag.povray.org/povQandT) and increased
the sample count a bit. Is it possible to optimize blurred reflections when
you also use DoF and radiosity?

--
Daniel Nilsson