POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Horizon [187kb] : Re: Horizon [187kb] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horizon [187kb]
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 1 Sep 2003 18:08:21
Message: <3f53c355$1@news.povray.org>
Very nice update of the older image. I'm still
longing for objects to the right and left of the
path, where there's currently only brown
earth looking at me. And the trees do look
a little too smooth to be, perhaps some
normals / bumpmapping would help here.
Aside of that, the only think I really DON'T
like is the dark grey tree/bush in the lower
left. Not because the tree sucks, but because
the twigs are too much angled. Some more
roundness would be fitting. But I don't expect
that to be cured, since it would be very memory
intensive.

But at least do something about the "bald" areas
to the right and left. At least some texture would
do justice, and something to crack the smooth
horizon there.

But aside of all the critic and comments (meant
to enhance the picture, not spoil it!), its a very
nice and moody image. I like it.

Regards,
Tim

--