POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cornell's box; MegaPOV vs. WinOSi : Re: Cornell's box; MegaPOV vs. WinOSi Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cornell's box; MegaPOV vs. WinOSi
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 1 Sep 2003 09:38:54
Message: <3f534bee@news.povray.org>
> >Radiosity values are saved first from a diffrent camera
> >position and a super wide FOV to get most of the room visible

That's a clever trick, and I didn't expect it to work!  Well, it has some
problems. The attached picture was rendered with a 90 degrees angle for
radiosity (it was too hard to adjust the camera at 175 degrees). I also
rendered radiosity at double resolution but there are definitely some
artifacts left.

> this one has a light_source. Earlier this year I tried an ambient
> box for the lighting.

And you're trying to get rid of the splotches? Well, in the image you just
posted, I think the problem is possibly the same I had: You use several
light sources at the ceiling. The easiest solution is to use only 1 light
source during photon calculation.

Regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message